Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kitchen progress


My sister Carolyn took down the first cabinet weeks ago. Now it's all cleared out.

I thought it would be hard to see something you spend so much money on torn apart, but it feels good. I'm so excited to make it better.
This is a rough sketch from Ikea of what it will look like. It's a similar layout to the old kitchen but the cooktop moved to the left and became a range. We didn't have to move plumbing or gas lines.

We think it will be another week before we can install the cabinets. First is drywall and paint.

This is a kitchen that we have always liked. Unfortunately it's a little bit cost prohibitive. We will be getting white cabinets but we hope to warm up the space with flooring and paint.

2 comments:

Britt said...

Egad, why has my reader let me down. It kept telling me that you had no updates and finally i decided to check for myself and voila!

Wow, you have made a ton of progress. The kitchen is going to rock.

Never thought about the shower thing, we just usually get a shower head to control that stuff.

I love the idea of the cabinet popping. i love celery.

zq said...

It's fun to see the progress. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.